- During the Challenge, the Team Leader shall be considered as the
Point of Contact for all communications by the Challenge implementing agency.
the Team Leader/SPOC cannot be changed during the Challenge without the prior consent of
implementing agency (C-DAC/MeitY).
- The Team Leader/SPOC and Participants will be required to use their
and Mobile number for the purpose of Team Registration and Account Creation on the
portal for participating in the Challenge.
- Any correspondence with participating entity will be done through
email id of the Single Point of Contact. Organizers are not liable in case of any
- The challenge has three stages - In the first stage, leading to
the proposals have to be submitted online, and the qualifying teams alone will move
next stage – Prototyping stage and the qualifying teams from that stage alone will
the final stage - Productization stage.
- Teams may be called for multiple presentations and demonstrations
work and may be required to provide clarifications as may be needed by the
agency during the challenge period.
- Teams shall maintain detailed documentation of their Idea,
Solution at all stages of the Challenge for reference, evaluation and record
such documentation will carry weightage as deemed fit by the jury. The Challenge
Team, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) or its
representatives on its
behalf reserve the right to review these documents at any time during the challenge
- Teams are allowed removal/voluntary withdrawal of team members
during the challenge period before the prototype stage. Any such step must be
the Challenge Organizing Team for approval. No other form of team modification will
- The Awards/funding disbursed under this challenge shall be spent
further enhancement and commercialization of the "Indian Web Browser" only. The
entity will have to submit a declaration for that effect.
- The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the product developed as
the open challenge shall be held jointly by MeitY and the entity that developed it.
MeitY will only exercise its IPR in case the winning team has no plans of bringing
solution for larger public use or commercialization within a stipulated time or
initiate its plan within a period of 12 months. In such cases, MeitY may transfer
to an appropriate entity(ies). Also, MeitY reserves the right to hold the IPR for
strategic purpose of national interest.
- The solution should not violate/breach/copy already copyrighted,
or existing products/tools/solutions in this market segment, and participants will
responsible for any legal disputes arising in the process and indemnify the
any such obligations, including any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of
- an exclusion or disqualification of such participant
- late or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners of any
- forfeiture of a prize and the selection of an alternate
- late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete,
or unintelligible entries;
- telephone, electronic, hardware or software program,
Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind;
- failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer
- any condition caused by events beyond control that may
Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and
- any injuries, losses or damages of any kind relating to
participation in this challenge
- The participants must declare (in a hundred-rupee Non-Judicial
Paper) that the product/solution submitted for the challenge is their own and that
no Copyright Violation of any sort at any stage of the challenge.
- The participants are free to use free and open-source libraries
ensure adherence to the terms of such open-source licenses. However, they are
make significant and original contributions in the core engine before they reach the
- Secretary (MeitY)'s decision will be the final verdict for any
- Any legal dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction
courts situated in New Delhi.
- The teams participating as “individuals” or as “organizations”
evaluated as per the discretions of the Jury.
The participant should share the following:
- Complete Source Code(including all the libraries)
- Executable Files (along with instructions)
- Documentation of Software design, development and testing
- It may be noted that funds will be transferred only to the bank
of Startups/Companies/MSMEs/LLPs and not to the bank accounts of individuals.
- Anyone found non-compliant with the terms and conditions will be
from participation in the challenge.
*C-DAC/MeitY reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel,
suspend this challenge or change, add, and modify the rules, prizes without prior notice. In
event shall C-DAC/MeitY or other organizers be liable for any claims, losses, expenses or
arising out of or in connection with the Challenge.